ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
Consent to Monitoring
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta monitors and audits the website, including the firewall, for security purposes, including unauthorized access and use of the site for other than its intended purposes. By using the website, you consent to such monitoring and are advised that any evidence of criminal activity may be provided to law enforcement officials.
The Reserve Banks do not collect your personal information when accessing the website. You may choose to provide the Reserve Banks with personal information if, for example, you subscribe to Email Alerts or publications, send questions through email, answer surveys, register for an event or participate in online activities. If you provide personal information, such as your mailing or email address, telephone or fax numbers, or other demographic and customer information, the Reserve Banks may retain your contact information and use it for the following:
- Provide you with the publications or information requested;
- Clarify your order or request; and
- Provide you with notice of upcoming events, publications or other related information.
The Reserve Banks may use and retain and comments you submit via email.
Personal information you provide to third parties through your use of the Services is subject to separate privacy policies of such third parties. For example when you sign up for Email Alerts, you provide information to our service provider, Granicus. (See below for Google Analytics.)
The Reserve Banks will not rent, sell, or share personal information with nonaffiliated third parties except:
- with your permission;
- in connection with providing evidence of criminal activity detected through website monitoring or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud;
- with our service providers in connection with mailing list administration services; or
- to comply with legal process or legal obligations or to exercise or establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To collect statistical information about our users in aggregate. We perform analyses on our web server's log files to identify, among other things:
- the website’s most popular pages;
- the browsers and operating systems most often used by our visitors;
- the sites and search engines that have referred visitors to our site; and
- the domains from which our users visit us.
This analysis does not involve personally identifiable information. It is used only for the purpose of understanding and better meeting the needs of the website’s audience. Some aggregate website analysis is performed for by Google Analytics. (See Information Collected Automatically, below.)
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it or not. You can also set your browser to not accept cookies at all. If you do so, however, some areas of the website may not operate properly. Information on how to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. You may wish to refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html for information on commonly used browsers.
Information Collected Automatically
- Google Analytics Data Privacy and Security
- Google Analytics and Cookie Usage on Websites
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
The website is not directed toward children under 13. Nonetheless, the Reserve Banks are committed to complying with applicable laws and requirements, such as the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. The Reserve Banks do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. Minor children should always obtain parental consent before releasing personal information to any website.